Thursday, September 22, 2011


I came across an old photo of our English Bulldog Corona who passed away a couple of years ago. She was a the best dog ever and this is my favorite picture so I thought I'd share.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Angry Birds Themed Birthday Party

As promised here are a few pictures from Micah's 5th birthday.

I got these super cute angry birds balloon faces and "Appy Birthday" sign on The Party Animial.

I used one on the watermelon too!

My handsome birthday boy!
I picked up this Angry Birds Pinata at a local street fair.

Check out the amazing cake my husband made! He used this cake pan and then just free handed the rest. He did an incredible job!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Homemade Angry Birds Costume for under $7!

I just finished making an Angry Birds Costumes for my son Micah who is completely obsessed with the game (I'll post pictures from his Angry Birds themed birthday party soon). I took some pictures along the way. Hopefully it will help anyone interested in making one themselves. I used the instructions on The Clock Blog and just tweaked a few things. Remember I made this for my 5 year old son, so an adult may need to change things a bit.

First I folded a piece of red felt in half and laid it on top of an old crib sheet (if you don't have an old sheet buy the cheapest muslin you can find), traced a circle and cut it out. You should now have 3 identical circles (2 felt, 1 sheet/muslin).

I then sewed one of the red felt circles and the sheet together, leaving a small hole for stuffing.

Next, I cut a hole for face and arms and hand stitched the two layers closed. To do this I pulled the seems of the two layers together and stuck my arm up in the hole I left for stuffing to stitch the layers together. For the face I traced the smallest saucer I have and it was still way to big, so be careful. The arms are just 6 inch slits.

Then, I cut out 2 identical thingamabobbers for the top of his head in red felt. Sewed the two layers together and stuffed it. Leaving the bottom open. In retrospect I wish I had just made this part of the body the way The Clock Blog did. It would have eliminated a few steps. I also cut the tail out of black felt. I should have stuffed this as well because no amount of spray starch seems to make it stand up. Be sure to leave a little tab on both so you have room to sew it.

Then I pinned the thingamabobber and the tail inside the two layers of red felt. Make sure you have the bad side of the fabric on the outside.

Sew the two layers together and flip it inside out (or right side in).

Next, cut out and sew the white belly onto the top layer of fabric. Leave a little extra fabric hanging off the end. You don't need to stitch this part yet though.

Now for the fun part sketch and cut the facial features.

If you haven't used iron on adhesive before your missing out! I never hem anything anymore. I love this stuff!

Simply cut the shape you need...

...and iron it on!

Stuff it! I have a loveseat thats seen better days and is heading to the dump very soon so I used the stuffing from the cushions. If you've got some old pillows that would work great too. Be creative because polyfill is expensive!

Fold the excess white felt under and sew.

The finished product!

Here's the cost break down...
1 1/4 yard red felt $3.12 (with 50% off coupon)
1/4 yard white felt $.62 (with coupon)
3 sheets of felt $.90 cents
Old sheet free
Stuffing from couch free
Iron on adhesive $2.25

I'm Baaaaccccckkkkk!

Well life is slowing down slightly these days. I have one child in second grade, one who just started kindergarten and two in preschool. Which means I now have seven and a half hours a week to myself! So hopefully I'll be able to start posting from time to time. Brace yourself, I've got over two years worth of post to catch up on!